Ciara Rogers received her B. S. degree in Political Science from Averett University and her J. D. from North Carolina Central University School of Law. She is a member of the NC and Virginia Bar Associations. Her focus is on Debtors’ and Creditors’ Rights, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and Representing Chapter 11 and 7 Bankruptcy Trustees, General Litigation, and Employment Law.
Prior Legal Experience
Before joining Oliver & Cheek, Ciara was a law clerk to the Honorable J. Rich Leonard and the Honorable Randy D. Doub of the Eastern District of North Carolina Bankruptcy Court. She also served as a magistrate judge under the Supreme Court of Virginia from 2009 to 2010. Ciara also interned with the Bankruptcy Administrator of the Eastern District of North Carolina, in 2008.
Areas of Expertise
- Debtors’ and Creditors’ Rights
- General Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- North Carolina Central University, JD, 2009
- Averett University, BA, 2006
Professional and Community Activities
- North Carolina Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section
- Virginia Bar Association, Young Lawyers’ Division, Bankruptcy Section
- Hill Tucker Bar Association, Scholarship Committee Chair 2010
- Co-Coordinator, North Carolina Bar Association Bankruptcy Section Financial Health Clinic, 2011